Roasted Beetroot and Grilled Halloumi Salad.
I just had to share this Summer beetroot and halloumi salad recipe with you. It’s getting warmer and warmer outside and naturally we all want more exciting fresh ingredients in our meals and I don’t know about you, but overly leafy salads are so boring for me. What’s more, they’re never filling and require a top-up with something sweet after 5 minutes of eating them. Filling, healthy and hearty salads with a mix of warm and cold ingredients is what I’m after.
I actually got inspired to make this salad after trying a similar salad at one of my UNEEDIA client’s bar – The Scaramouche Bar in Glasgow. Although theirs was super tasty with the most delicious salad dressing ever, as well as proper grill flame fragrances, I couldn’t wait to go home and make my own with a few added fun ingredients like watermelon. I now wish I had pomegranate seeds too. Read on…
HOW TO MAKE (super easy):
* Roast some beetroot wedges in whatever oil and spices / herbs you want for around 10-15 mins and Grill halloumi either on a normal frying or grill pan or in your grill / oven – whatever you have.
* Make a bed of kale (like I did) or other salad greens.
* Add whatever else you feel like having in your salad: watermelon, grapefruit, seeds, apple, cucumber, tomatoes…
* Finish off with your warm ingredients (mine are: Grilled halloumi, Roasted beetroot and Green beans)
* Season and / or dress with olive oil or any salad dressing you wish. I used Balsamic Vinegar and Et Voila…
Super tasty, filling, healthy, interesting, vegetarian and veeeerrryyy photogenic! 🙂
NEED MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION? BELOW: