Layering in the Autumn is probably my most favourite kind of styling to do. It’s still warm enough so we don’t need puffers, but cold enough to enjoy a few different textures and prints. Here I’m sporting a very cosy Wallis knit cape over an old blazer and “his” shirt.
As well as layering and pretty much living in knitwear – I’d love to share a few other joyful things I’m looking forward to this Autumn and Winter. There are many things I’d love to do (and unable to) like travel, eat out more, go to baby and mum groups and simply visit my friends, but like with most things – we are having to redefine a few traditions and focus on things that we can actually control. Not relying on the government or global changes to affect our choices.
- It’s our Family Birthday season during Autumn / Winter, so I’m looking forward to celebrating everyone’s special days in whichever way we can. Buying gifts, treating them… My Mum’s birthday is a couple of days before Christmas, so I’m actually quite happy not to think about Christmas for as long as possible this year.
- Lots of Nature walks and explorations. We are extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to move closer to Loch Lomond and woods just after the first lockdown, so if there any further restrictions – we will still be able to enjoy Nature close to home.
- To go through my wardrobe and get rid of any things that “don’t bring me joy” anymore. There are only a handful of pieces that hold sentimental for me in my bag. shoe and clothes collection so I’ve never been scared to pass my unwanted pieces on. So many things have changed this year – where we live personally, what we wear and what we buy. I want to have a capsule wardrobe with just a few things I could wear again and again. At home or out. Time to bin the ancient underwear too haha..
- Evenings in our lounge by the fire. This pretty much speaks for itself, but I honestly look forward to when it gets super cold and we can get the living room all cosy from as soon as it starts to get dark. Comforting food, hot chocolate, tea, baking… Bliss.
- Start some new habits. Wake up earlier, look after myself more and live more in the moment.