A few people have nominated me on Instagram to reveal 5 facts about me and since I was stuck for what to write in this post – I give you them here. Yes, not knowing what to write that isn’t about the clothes I’m wearing without boring you to death is sometimes challenging. I hope these facts are a bit more fun to read though today… Here we go.
1. I have a 12 year old daughter and I’m in my 30s. Sasha’s made an appearance here on my blog & social many times, but I still get a lot or surprised responses. If I got a £1 each time I heard someone say “You don’t look old enough to have a 12 year old” I’d be a millionaire. Maybe I’ll talk about this subject in another post, but yeah – Sasha’s an amazing kid and I’m so blessed with her. I like to keep my personal life “semi-private” and with Sasha being a pre-teen it’s important that I respect and protect what’s shown online.
2. I used to be the lead singer in a band. I mean “singer” is probably questionable, but we did play T in the Park as our 1st proper gig and had 2 albums out on iTunes. We even had meetings with some of the biggest labels and if we’d have kept going, no doubt we’d have been signed. I did 12 gigs pregnant – last one being at 8 months and it was amazing. I also DJ’d in clubs and bars around Glasgow and wrote my dissertation on the music industry. It was such a great period of my life.
3. I was born in Estonia and have lived in Glasgow for almost 20 years. I speak 2 languages fluently – Russian and English. Although speaking Estonian was compulsory when I was growing up in Tallinn, I hadn’t spoken the language for so many years I’d forgotten it. I’m also learning Spanish this year because my other half is Spanish. So you could say that our family is “international”.
4. I loved making clothes since I was a kid. When I was little our big family struggled to get by at times, which was very difficult for my mum. I used to get obsessed with trends and certain clothing, but because we couldn’t afford to buy any pieces I just made them. My mum taught me how to use a sewing machine and I used to make “skinnier” jeans out of an older bigger pair and smaller tops etc from bigger clothes. I was so chuffed with myself.
5. I believe in the Law of Attraction and absolutely fascinated with anything to do with it. You can call it self-help if you want, but it’s much more than that for me. I listen to audio books and podcasts on the topic every day and can re-listen the same episodes for up to 3 times. Abraham Hicks is/are my favourite in the field and it’s like listening to them answer all the questions I’ve accumulated over my lifetime. So incredible.
So there you have it. Was anything really surprising for you? Go on, share ONE FACT ABOUT YOU in the comments below.
WHAT I’M WEARING: